Monday, May 16, 2011

Bind- It-All


Happy Monday!!
Yesterday, my 13 year old daughter needed help decorating the cover of her poem book, for school. Do you find that your kids come to you for all the decorating? Anyway, I used my bind-it-all. I took two cardboard pieces, from the back of designer paper, and covered all 4 sides with textured black card stock. I printed out on white cardstock, her name, then embossed the word believe (Unity Stamp) with holographic embossing powder. Realizing that I should have done it on a darker sheet of paper, I decided to cover the whole page with distress ink, milled lavender, from Tim Holtz. I added a couple of flowers with some glitter brads, then bound it with 1/2 inch coil. It turned out really nice! I read her poems and some brought tears to my eyes. She was wondering what to do if her teacher asked to keep it, she said she didn't like to say no. I told her it would be an honor for her teacher to keep it. We will see.... Sorry about the pic being crooked, I took it late last night and I was super tired.

Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment