Thursday, April 26, 2012

6X6 Journal I made for a RAK Buddy

Hello scrappy friends!
I've been wanting to share with you the journal I made for Janet Smith, in my RAK group. I had to wait a couple of days to make sure she received it, before posting it. I'm hoping she already has!!!
I went to her likes page and found out that she has 3 grandchildren and she likes owls. I took the Play Date Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up and used that for her journal. I added in the colors; Real Red, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip. Then I used the coordinating stamp sets Funky Four and Forest Friends. Both of these are made from Stampin' Up. The owl on front (also stampin' up) I painted brown with acrylic paint and used crystal effects on the eyes and nose.
I added a personal touch to the journal, by putting tags in 3 sections and writing the names of her grand kids on it. On the front cover, I used my cricut to cut out the word Family and on the last page I added a special pocket for her to add more items. I then bound the whole thing with my Bind it All.



Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Pamela

6 comments:

  1. so cute i bet she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the owl on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam I can't thank you enough for my wonderful RAK I was thrilled when I opened the envelope and saw the mini album with the owl on the cover and when I started to go through it I was overwhelmed with joy It is truely the most special gift I have recieved.
    Thank you ever so much for being so thoughtful!
    Big Blog Hugs. Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      When I read your story about your three grandkids and how Cameron had open heart surgery, I thought you needed a brag book. Your grandkids are truely something to brag about!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the cover, what a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete