Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's Love Blog Hop


Welcome to A Mother's Love Blog Hop . . . what a wonderful blessing of a "mother's love" as it is unconditional! Today we are expressing our love to mother, our love of being a mother or a grandmother and even a special aunt!!!!

Remember those special bondings with the special woman, mother, that is and was in your life! How would you express your love? Well, hop along with us and see all the wonderful expression of a "Mother's Love".

We have the very very most phenomenal blog candy to one lucky winner to either keep or give as a gift - Lisa Woodward, who many know and love has another crafting talent with a business of her own! Lisa is offering a soap, lotion and baths alt gift set in the winners choice of fragrance!!! How great of a blog candy is that! Lisa's business is simplysilverton.




Photobucket


If you have just stopped for a visit today -- welcome and glad you came but I wouldn't want you to miss a single testimony along the way and would want you to start at the beginning with Lynne at Her Craftiness (http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/). If you arrived from Lynne  at Her Craftiness then you are following a mother's love.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! And Happy Mother's Day! The image I used was from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, A Mother's Love. I decided to try my hand at making it digital. I had a lot of fun doing it. I used the My Memories Suite software.


This is my Great Grandmother, Mimi. I loved her so much. As a child, I would spend weekends over at her house. I don't think I ever remember a bad thing about her. One of my fondest memories is watching her make Chicken and Dumplings. She would roll the dumplings out on her dryer. Her house was always so clean. Not too long ago, I was helping my sister pack to move, and I found some of my Mimi's items. I just broke down in tears. I had forgotten that she had taught me, around the age of 10, to make handmade cards. I found one of her cards. The details aren't anything we can do now. She did everything by hand and sold them by the box. She was the greatest lady on earth.
I love you, Mimi!
Here are some cards that my Mimi made,


That is actual thread on the card and she didn't use a sewing machine. She was amazing! These were made over 30 years ago.

Also, I have CANDY!!! It's FLAIR, 8 Adhesive Badges. Join my blog and leave a comment with you contact info.



I thank you for stopping and checking out my project and must send you on your way to Lisa's Blog.




Hugs,
Pamela

7 comments:

  1. Pamela, your digital page came out adorable! Your Mimi's cards are amazing! What a treasure! Before I finished reading, I literally had my face up to the computer to see the detailing and was amazed that they were hand sewn/embroidered!! Sounds like a very special woman, and you have some wonderful memories! :)
    ~Colleen
    co11een903@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special thing to find- lovely cards. rlovew1976 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing juxtaposition, digital and super handmade cards. Both are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tribute to your Great Grandma I love that you shared her creations which are very beautyful what wonderful treasures to have!
    Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, You have me crying. I have been missing my grandma so much the last few weeks. She was special. She did embroidery work all the time. I still treasure her pillow cases. I understand how you feel and your Mimi's cards. They are so beautiful! She taught you a beautiful art. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela, I just love your story... imagine finding those cards.. what a special moment... thanks for sharing your layout and Mimi's cards..
    hugs..Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your mimi's cards are as beautiful as she is. love your lo too.

    craftingwithblue at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete